Monday, June 26, 2006

Astonishing eating and buying MORE yarn

Yesterday I got to eat brunch at the Sagebrush Cantina in Calabasas. We sort of had a contest who could put together the strangest plate of food and then eat it. I had pizza, enchiladas and chocolate covered strawberries at the same time. Others were far worse. There was the waffles-oysters-orange juice and the bacon-crablegs-watermelon vodka combos. There was a hotdog in there somewhere too. How unfortunate!

It was quite hot out there and we sat outside in the thick of it. At some point these misters came on which turned out to make everything much, much worse. There was intense humidity all around and leaky drippy bits that would drop a pint-sized stream onto your head randomly. There was condensation on my purse. All our faces were glistening with sweat and my hair was two stories high. This enhanced the astonishing eating contest significantly. That plus me putting eye drops in my post-Lasik healing eyes every 15 minutes.

The best part of yesterday by far was asking 2 non-knitting guys to swing by the LYS (local yarn store) on the way home so I can get more yarn to finish the secret project. How often do I get to the valley? I couldn't pass it up. I didn't have the guts to ask them to stop at a second yarn shop to buy those LED needles. Sigh.

SIDENOTE: There should be a word for something you think is going to be fantastic which turns out to be a disaster. (Misters on a hot day)

No comments: