Tuesday, June 13, 2006

What I'm knitting now


I'm not afraid of small needles! I'm not afraid of thread-like yarn! I AM afraid of spinning lace! I AM afraid of knitting that looks like dog business! I know it will look better when finished and blocked. I have to believe this.

Marnie's Scarf is a lovely pattern I found and it suits me because I wanted to jump into lace but didn't want anything too flowery. (See how nice it looks when blocked?) I'm knitting it in Alpaca Cloud from Knitpicks. It's lace weight baby alpaca, in the color is "Iris." I wound it into a center pull ball while watching TV. I held the yarn around my feet as I wound it around a giant marker. I don't know if it's a summer thing but lace is very popular right now, right? Maybe it's the fact that some folks have been knitting a while and want a challenge. Either way, there are a lot of lace patterns out there. Give it a try! (Misery loves company)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://thenewdiner.blogspot.com/

this is the blog I like about bbq, fried food and the like.

Anonymous said...

regarding the new diner blog, check out what he said about the counter in santa monica - veggie option for you

Anonymous said...

http://photomichaelwolf.com/100x100/

I poached this from the NY Times.

Photographer in Hong Kong too shots of a 100-room building where all rooms are 10 feet X 10 feet.

It's really cool!